We are committed to being open about our policies and practices with respect to the handling of personal information. We also maintain and protect the personal information under our control.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Chief Privacy Officer (see contact information at the end of this document) if ever you wish to:
- access, request a correction to, or add to, your personal information that we maintain
- ask about our privacy policies and practices
- make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information
- be removed from any of our mailing lists or databases.
We will identify the purpose for which we collect personal information at or before we collect it. Typically, this information will include name, business title, rank, general contact information, and level of interest in our services and topics. We collect this information for the following purposes:
- To keep you informed about news and events
- To deliver our products or services to you
- To process event registrations and donations
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
We obtain your consent before we collect, use or disclose your personal information. Where possible, we will obtain consent from you directly when we collect the information. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Limiting collection, use, disclosure and retention
Safeguarding personal information
We protect personal information with security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. These measures include:
- locking filing cabinets and restricting access to offices
- using passwords and encryption
- shredding or otherwise securely disposing of personal information when it is no longer required for our purposes
Access to personal information
You can request a copy of your personal information by submitting a written request to the Chief Privacy Officer. We need proof of identification before giving out information. If you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate, you can request that it be corrected by contacting the Chief Privacy Officer.
You can contact the Chief Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.